Ranked among the nation's top 16 Construction Managers by Engineering News-Record, The LiRo Group provides construction management, engineering, environmental, architectural, and program management solutions for a broad range of public and private sector clients. We are seeking talented and motivated engineering professionals to join our multi-disciplined team. LiRo currently provides the opportunity for a hybrid/flex-hour work schedule. We currently have an opening for a Structural Project Engineer in our Boston, Massachusetts office. Typical projects include new building designs, building envelope designs, building renovations and additions, feasibility studies, condition assessments, parking garages, pedestrian bridges and civil/site structures for both public sector and private sector clients. Our structural engineers also support our in-house architectural and MEP departments providing structural engineering services on their projects.
* Lead structural design teams on projects
* Performs design calculations, structural analysis, and structural detailing
* Prepares construction plans, specifications, and design narratives
* Review the designs of junior engineering staff and independent technical reviews of other senior engineers
* Review structural analysis models prepared by junior engineers
* Aid junior staff in interpretation of Codes
* Provide quality control and quality assurance reviews of structural designs
* Coordinates design work with all the architecture & engineering disciplines during the entire design process
* Be capable of marketing within his/her program through coordination with the Structural Engineering Department Manager to assist in lead gathering and qualifying, interacting with existing and potential clients, proposal preparation, interview participation, and follow-up activities with potential clients
* Review construction shop drawings and respond to construction Request for Information (RFI)
* Performs site visits during design and construction phases
* BS in Civil Engineering with focus in structural course work, MSCE in structural is preferred
* Passion for structural building design * A minimum of seven (7) years as a technical professional
* Massachusetts Professional Structural Engineers license (PE) with ability to obtain licenses in other states
* Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit
* Proficiency with Structural Analysis Programs, Bentley RAM, STAAD
* Experience with International Building Code * Must have valid driver's license and a vehicle
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
* Meet quality standards and deadlines
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
* Capable of performing field inspections including climbing ladders and carrying equipment
* Active in a professional society or organization is preferred LiRo offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for training and advancement.
Please visit our website for all of our career opportunities at: https://careers-liro.icims.com Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact Information: Diane Gerard, The LiRo Group Recruiting Manager, email@example.com, 516.804.7401
Important: You must use the account, including the username and password, of the individual you wish to register.
Please note: Altering your name or contact information during registration may overwrite your record in our membership database.
If you have additional questions regarding registration, please contact us at 617/227-5551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Engineering Center Education Trust | One Walnut Street, Boston MA 02108-3616